Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Heaven

What I think heaven will be like? Well that isn't a question you hear often, but it's a question worth thinking about. When I think of heaven, I think the usual stuff, you know, like streets paved with gold, mansions everywhere, and lots of rejoicing and praising God. I think of a place where there are no illnesses or pain, where all people from all walks of life can be together in peace, where there is constant joy in the Lord, and the only thing you are concerned about is what way we can find to worship Him. But also, I think of things not everyone talks about, like meeting ancestors that I never knew, jumping up and down and screaming in the middle of the road just because I want to and not worrying about the weird glances or whispers. I think of freedom to be who I am and do what I want to do. Oddly enough, I think of seeing the great people we have all heard and talked about throughout our lives and not thinking a second about how famous they are, they're just people. I think of not necessarily living out my dreams, but being free to explore them without fear, and you know we have all heard that we'll see our deceased loved pets in heaven, and I kind of believe it. I see myself running without tire, climbing without soreness, and playing sports with the angels. I think of laughter and joy, and most of all I think of singing praises to my God without cease. So as you can see I've pondered this many times, and these are just a few of the things I think of when I think of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment