Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm Back

So this blog started as a school assignment and in the last few days I decided that it should be my new outlet for creativity. To start I will continue and eventually finish my story from January 2010.

The next time I woke up was some time later. I could just see the sun starting to rise over the horizon. My vision hazy, I tried to pick myself up off of the ground, but with only the left side of my body able to be used, the attempt was futile. So, I decided to lay there, and pray that someone would look my way. As I lay there, I tried to sort through the pain, and figured out what all was wrong. Starting with my head, I isolated the pain in each part of my body. I was so beaten and battered that the task, made my head hurt worse. How could I have gotten myself into this predicament? What had the man done to make me so weak? The sun continued to rise and as my eyes adjusted to the light. I began to see how beaten I truly was. I had bruises shaped like fingers all over my upper body and my hair was matted with blood. My face was swollen, and the difficulty I had breathing told me that at least one of my ribs was broken. Why me? I silently asked myself. Why did he pick me?

Just then a noise came from one end of the long alley. It sounded like whistling. I used every bit of strength I had to crawl into the middle of the alley where hopefully the source of the noise would see me. I looked down the alley and saw a man in a police uniform walking past. I took the biggest breath that I could, and screamed, “HELP ME! PLEASE!” he stopped, and turned toward me. Finally, someone heard me I though to myself. His light beamed into the dark alley and finally fell on my face. Maybe, this horrific experience was finally over.


No comments:

Post a Comment